Request for Proposal
|RFP - Insurance Broker - 2022||View/Download|
1. INCA Community Services, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as INCA) is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide brokerage & risk management services for policy packages described in this Request for Proposal (RFP).
2. This RFP contains instructions governing the proposals to be submitted and the material to be included therein; a description of the service to be provided; requirements which must be met to be eligible for consideration; general evaluation criteria; and other requirements to be met by each proposal.
3. INCA is seeking proposals from qualified companies to be the insurance broker on behalf of INCA for the package of insurance policies detailed in the RFP.
4. INCA is not liable for any costs the Proposer incurs in preparation and submission of its proposal, in participating in the RFP process or in anticipation of award of contract.
5. The successful respondent will be required to enter into a three year contract commencing April 1, 2022.
6. To assist firms in preparing their proposals, general background information on INCA is provided in this request.
7. The RFP may be obtained electronically at www.incacaa.org/rfp-insurance2022.
8. No oral explanation in regard to the meaning of the specifications will be made, and no oral interpretation will be given before the award of the contract. If any person contemplating submitting a bid for this contract is in doubt as to the true meaning of any part of the specifications or any other proposed contract documents, they may submit to INCA a written request for an interpretation thereof.
9. Written questions should be submitted by email to Erica Pogue at firstname.lastname@example.org with RFP Insurance Broker Services 2022 in the Subject Line to be received no later than March 11, 2022. All questions and written answers will be posted to the website as an addendum to and become part of this RFP. INCA will not be responsible for any other explanation or interpretations of the proposed documents.
10.Addenda to the RFP. If it becomes necessary to revise any part of this RFP before the proposal response date, addenda will be posted to INCA’s website under the original RFP document. It is the responsibility of the Proposer to periodically check the website for any new information or addenda to the RFP.
11. Response. To be considered, proposals will be accepted by delivery or email. Delivered proposals should be sent to INCA Community Services, located at 371 W 10th Street Atoka, OK 74525 Attention: Erica Pogue, Associate Director on or before March 11, 2022 at 3:00 PM Central Time. Our mailing Address is P. O. Box 807, Atoka, OK 74525. Emailed proposals should be sent to Erica Pogue at email@example.com.
12.Please note that use of U.S. Mail, FedEx, UPS, or other delivery method, does not guarantee delivery to this address by the above-listed time for submission. Proposers mailing proposals should allow sufficient delivery time to ensure timely receipt of their proposals. If INCA’s administrative office location to which proposals are to be delivered is closed on the proposal response date, due to inclement weather, natural disaster, or any other cause, the deadline for submission shall be automatically extended until the next INCA business day on which the office is open. Unless the Proposers are otherwise notified by INCA, the time for submission of proposals shall remain the same.
13.Proposals must be signed by an official authorized to bind the Proposer to its provisions and include the Proposer’s Federal Identification Number. Each proposal page should be numbered for ease of reference.
14.Proposals should be prepared simply and economically, providing a straightforward, concise description of the Proposer’s ability to meet the requirements of the RFP.
15.Each and every Proposer submitting a proposal specifically waives any right to withdraw or modify it, except as hereinafter provided. Proposals may be withdrawn by
written or telefax notice received at INCA’s address for proposal delivery prior to the exact hour and date specified for proposal receipt. However, if the Proposer chooses to attempt to provide such written notice by telefax transmission, INCA shall not be responsible or liable for errors in telefax transmission. A proposal may also be withdrawn in person by a Proposer or its authorized representative, provided its identity is made known and it signs a receipt for the proposal, but only if the withdrawal is made prior to the exact hour and date set for proposal receipt. A proposal may only be modified by the submission of a new sealed proposal or submission of a sealed modification which complies with the requirements of this RFP.
16.INCA reserves the right to waive formalities and reject any and all proposals.
17.Although this request provides for a general format, it is not intended to limit a respondent's imagination and creativity in preparing a proposal the respondent feels will best serve the needs of INCA.
18.The Selection Committee may consist of individuals not familiar with insurance brokers; therefore proposals should be submitted assuming that the selection committee has no knowledge of your firm.
19.Discussions for Clarification. Proposers who submit proposals may be required to make an oral or written clarification of their proposals to the agency to ensure thorough mutual understanding and Proposer responsiveness to the solicitation requirements. The Human Resource Director will initiate requests for clarification.
20.Best and Final Offers. INCA reserves the right to conduct discussions with Proposers for the purpose of obtaining “best and final offers.” To obtain best and final offers from Proposers, the Selection Committee may do one or more of the following:
a. enter into pre-selection negotiations;
b. schedule oral presentations; and
c. request revised proposals.
21.After an offer has been made the Selection Committee will limit any discussions to only Proposers whose proposals the Selection Committee has determined to be reasonably susceptible of being selected for award.
22.The selected Proposer will be required to assume responsibility for all services offered in its proposal whether or not it produces them. Further, INCA will consider the selected Proposer to be the sole point of contact with regard to contractual matters.
INCA Community Services, Inc. shall operate programs to alleviate the causes of poverty and enhance the public health & welfare by opening to everyone the opportunity to work, have safe and affordable housing, transportation, training & education, and live in decency and dignity.